Renée Tanner - Close to My Heart Independent Counsultant

Friday, April 1, 2011

New Page

I have been trying to participate in scrap challenges to get me creating without having to over think an idea. Yesterday I made a page and it had to focus on "Us together" inspired by Valentines Day so it needed to be about Jason and myself. I listen to my ipod a lot and even though my itunes account is pushing 39,000 songs I listen to the same playlist so the same songs repeat often enough. Every time "Smile' by Uncle Kracker plays I really do think of Jason. It has such a relaxing, mellow feel to it and the lyrics are nice and comfortable. I would never say it is the most profound song or that Uncle Kracker is a talent like no other, it is just a good song. Since this song reminds me of how Jason makes me feel I used it as the title and the background of the page. I found three snapshots of us together that I liked and cropped and printed them as 3 inch squares. Then mounted them on the bottom of a red rectangle, in the space you would expect a 4th picture I added a little journaling page to explain my song inspiration. After embellishing the page with trimmed paper, button tag, & brads, I wrote the lyrics to the song on the right side of the base paper. The page is a weathered looking green so I wrote with a grey marker so the words would fade into the paper. If you look right at the page you see them but from further away they aren't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment