Renée Tanner - Close to My Heart Independent Counsultant

Friday, April 1, 2011

Scrapbooking

    I have been doing a lot of scrap booking in the past year. In the last 6 months or so I have been finding my own style in this form of crafting that hadn't really called out to me before. To me it seemed like I would have to learn all these rules and skills that I didn't think would be worth the time. What I found out was that I already had the skills and there are no set rules! You really need to do what is comfortable and pleasing to you. But if you want help or guidelines to get you started there is a wealth of information available to you in books, magazines, internet & classes.
    Here is my first real fully composed and thought out scrapbook page from over a year ago. I was so happy with it I shared it as a make and take at a scrap day. 


I used Cricut and "Straight From the Nest" cartridge to cut the title, tree, birds, & grass. Since the pictures I was using were different sizes I wanted a base for them so they weren't floating in mid air. I cut a brown rectangle and a light blue rectangle a half of an inch smaller then rounded their corners and attached them together. I rounded the photos also because I like the uniformity. I added journaling strips over the bottom of the tree and grass and filled a blank area in the top with a coordinating flower and gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment